Spinach, Aritchoke, Parmesan Dip
This dip has always been a favorite of mine because it combines some of my favorite vegetables with garlic and Parmesan cheese, and I love most things that have garlic and Parmesan cheese. While standard spinach dip is a staple at many potlucks and other gatherings, this dip is a healthier / more Crohn’s friendly version. It’s a great warm snack, which can be harder to come by for those with Crohn’s, and makes a good amount of dip, making it perfect to keep for leftovers or serve when you have people over. This recipe is also gluten free.
SPINACH, ARTICHOKE, PARMESAN DIP
makes about 3 cups
- 10-oz bag baby spinach OR 1 bunch loose leaf spinach
- 14-oz can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
[for those gluten free: double check to make sure that the mayonnaise and sour cream you use is gluten free as some may contain gluten]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop spinach, drain and chop artichoke hearts, dice onion, and mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together, leaving a little Parmesan aside to sprinkle on top.
- Coat a casserole dish with vegetable spray. Scoop dip into dish and sprinkle leftover Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with bread pieces, like Irish soda bread, or tortilla chips.