One of my favorite parts of baking is trying some of the batter. I know that it’s not good for me, with the raw egg and all, but I can’t help having a little taste. I know that some people love the dough more than the baked cookies themselves, and this is for you. This has all the yummy taste of cookie dough without the raw egg, and also can be easily made without any dairy at all. Because this is meant to be eaten as dough, I’m not quite sure what will happen if you do try to bake it, so I can’t recommend it. The original recipe I used to make this uses milk and butter, which I changed out for almond milk and Coconut Milk Yogurt [which is dairy free, gluten free, and soy free]. You also don’t need a full kitchen to make this, just the ingredients, a bowl, spoon, and a fridge.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BITES
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt / Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk / soy milk / etc.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- a pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
[to make gluten free: use a gluten free flour in place of all-purpose flour; use pure vanilla extract as others may contain gluten]
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar and yogurt until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and milk, then mix in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until chilled, then shape into balls and store in the freezer or just eat with a spoon.